Monday, February 25, 2013

From Facebook...

In case you missed it:

"Ok, can I be a little emo for a second. I moved to Pittsburgh by myself with no friends here and no family and no professional network because the calling was so strong. I've been here a little under four months and have found a wonderful church family. I eat with the Pastor, his wife, their adult children and some other twentysomethings after church EVERY Sunday. When I don't come, they call and text to make sure I'm ok.

So today, I couldn't go to dinner because I had to go to work. (Yes, I'm at work right now, pray for me). The Pastor goes "What Are You Going to Eat?!?!?!" And I'm thinking, it's no big deal, I can eat Subway or something.

So his daughter just texted me and said she was making me a plate and to grab it when I leave work.

This may seem so simple, but these people don't know me from Adam. They don't HAVE to do anything for me. The love that God has for me is so strong that it is showing up for me through others. AND things like this happen to me EVERY DAY. Every day people go out of their way to make me feel welcomed and loved and I am so overwhelmed right now.

Thanking God for my Pittsburgh family (and new friends)!"

No comments: