Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Diversity and Lack Thereof

According to Wikipedia, Chicago is 45% White and 33% black. Pittsburgh is 65% White and 26% Black. At first I thought I missed black people, but living in a city that is 55% non-white vs. a city that is 35% non-white leaves some things to be desired. More on this later.

There are a lot of jobs here (14,000 unfilled jobs to be exact)

There are a lot of old people here (second only to Florida)

The city is extremely humble (so they don't encourage people to come the way they should)

I can't find a black physician here.

I thought for a second that this may mean that the non-black doctors may actually be better because they HAVE to learn to deal with people of all races. When has that ever been true?

But... this may also mean that the black doctors in the city are that much better because one black doctor probably gets all the black patients.

Man, I don't know.

1 comment:

chichi said...

Hey T. If you haven't already, try searching for black doctors using healthgrades.com
The doctors listed have profile pictures so it's helpful to narrow your search down. It took me two years to find a black female doctor that I was happy with and it ended up being a referral from a friend.