Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Gift of New Beginnings

I am so grateful for new beginnings! 2012 was a phenomenal year for me, but I've been talking with some friends and they really went through it in 2012. Then it occurred to me how much a blessing a new year is.

God set the world up in a way that every minute is new, every hour is new, every day is new, every week is new, every month is new and once every 365 days we get a new year. This is so exciting to me because while I'll can't change any past mistakes or failures or problems, I can make a decision to do the right thing at every new opportunity.

If I skip working out today, tomorrow is a brand new day. I don't have to have a week of fatness because I made a misstep one day.

Of course, it's the beginning of the year and I'm extremely reflective, so maybe I've thought about this before, but I can't recall.

Imagine if life was one big long day. And the seconds or minutes or hours didn't refresh or start anew. What if we didn't get to sleep or have weekends. I know I'm being weird right now, but if I take a moment to be grateful I want to add new beginnings - big and small - to my gratitude list. It's pretty cool if you think about it.

What are you grateful for in 2013?

No comments: