Monday, January 7, 2013

Prime Suspects

I mentioned last week that 2012 was a good year for me. When people were saying things like "good riddance 2012," and "I'm happy to see this year go," I couldn't relate. I also shared how I'm still thankful for new beginnings (even if my year didn't need any upgrades). And finally you all know I'm a bit superstitious.

All of that to say, 2007 and 2011 were tough years for me. Not bad years because I appreciate the lessons and I appreciate all the learning and growing you do when things are hard vs. when they're easier, but TOUGH! I wouldn't wish years like that on anyone.

Well, 7 and 11 are both prime numbers. Next up is 2013. After such a phenomenal year in 2012, I can't help but to be concerned that 2013 is going to be a test. I don't want to be a worry wart, but I want to make sure I'm prayed up for whatever's coming.

When I'm in service and the lesson has nothing to do with me, I think ok this WILL be my lesson and/or testimony and so let me remember the teachings so I can get through it, when it comes to me.

I guess I'm saying I'm putting on the whole armor of God. I'm not waiting for the shoe to drop or anything, but if it does, it won't catch me off guard.

I'm going to be on watch in 2017 too. Am I nuts?

1 comment:

South Loop Social Light said...

Yes, you're just a slight bit cray to be worrying about this. I do believe that life is a combination of peaks and valleys, but don't forget to live in the moment and enjoy the blessings! Of course 2011 won't be the last year you ever get tested, but I think staying prayed up (like you said) will keep you in fighting condition to weather any storm!