Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ah, To Be Settled

How long would you say it takes to be settled into a new place? I would say, not long, but that's anything but true for me. I've been in Pittsburgh almost 90 days and every day I realize that I need something and I don't know where to go to get it.

Here are some of my faves that I'm missing from home right now. So you already know I miss the CTA and Dunkin' Donuts. Here are more of my faves that I'm missing right now.

10. CD One Price Cleaners - Everything $2.59... hello, yes!
9. Lakeview Salon - Had my eyebrows looking right! I asked my coworkers and my new Pastor's wife where to get my brows done, they told me to wait until I go back to Chicago. People who have lived here for YEARS don't even trust the threading in this city. I'm going to find a place and report back. 
8. Shoe cobbler on Diversey and Belmont (two doors down from the Laugh Factory) - I don't know what the name of this place is, but I know it never cost most than $7 per pair to do anything to my shoes. I know my heels were taken care of like precious newborns. I know that.
7. Pink Polish and Pure Rain Nail Salons - I know exactly where to park. I know that when I get a winter pedicure they will wrap my feet like pigs in a blanket to prevent smudging.
6. FINE CUPCAKE ESTABLISHMENTS - Man, this city is serious lacking in the gourmet cupcake scene. For all the services about I just realized that I don't know where to go, but I feel confident that I can find somewhere in the city or suburbs. When it comes to cupcakes, everything I've tried pales in comparison to Molly's (my favorite Chicago cupcake spot) and Sprinkles (my second fave)
5. Peapod - LAWD, I don't know why anyone would ever want to go grocery shopping EVER. It's so overwhelming and time consuming and expensive and ridulous and I just want people to bring my groceries to me for a nominal fee. Is that too much to ask?
4. My [African-American female] dentist
3. My [woman of color female] optometrist
2. My [African-American female] primary care physician
1. People of color - More on this tomorrow.

No comments: