Friday, December 7, 2012

Strange...

When you live in a new city, everyday is a new exploration or discovery. Recently I discovered that people pick sports teams like they pick suburbs to live in. They weigh the pros and cons like good schools, long commute, high property taxes, low maintenance costs in a suburb FOR FOOTBALL TEAMS. 

Because I'm from the greatest [sports] city in the world (we really do have a team for every sport and the most amazing fans), I didn't realize that people who are from cities that suck at sports actually do this.

I had a conversation with a woman who's from Pennsylvania, close to Pittsburgh and she's a Cleveland Browns fan. She said her and her husband discussed it and Cleveland fans are classier and the tickets are cheaper. I'm so serious right now.

I can't imagine going home and telling my mom "Hey ma, I decided to be a Raiders fans because the tickets are cheap and it's free shipping on the jerseys." I would be disowned.

I'm getting ready to have a lot of posts about the differences between what I know to be true and what I'm learning due to my new job, my new apartment, my new city, essentially my new life. I'm not saying it's good or bad... but boy is it different.

How did you pick your favorite sports team?

No comments: