Monday, December 17, 2012

Coffee is a problem

Living in a medium sized city brings medium sized city problems. Let's talk about coffee. I am not a coffee snob. If I put enough cream and sugar in it it's all the same to me.

BUT I do PREFER a good cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee. Sorry to everyone who thinks otherwise, but Starbucks coffee tastes like life is harder than it really is. -

Coffee in Pittsburgh is a problem.

- There are only two Dunkin' Donuts downtown (and probably in the whole damn city).
- It takes 10 minutes to get at these two Dunkin' Donuts.
- Every Starbucks I go into is bite-sized. I wouldn't want to stay in there longer than the time it takes to get my coffee (which is probably 15 minutes if it's 10 minutes at Dunkin' Donuts).
- There are also a bunch of Starbucks kiosks... again, I can't get the coffee house ambiance (and at $5 a cup, I need ambiance) from a kiosk.
- They have a place here called Crazy Mocha. I've had it twice. I've regretted the decision to go both times. The coffee tastes like they brewed high fructose corn syrup into it (even when there was no sugar added). The people who work there are very nice. It's just not good coffee...

I think I shall buy myself a Keurig for Christmas. See how I just made this into a positive. Um hm. LOL!

No comments: