Saturday, November 3, 2012

Party Update

The housewarming/going away party went off without a hitch. I was in D.C. the same weekend as my party for a conference so I asked my mother to plan everything at my apartment. More than anyone, I get my social butterfly and party-planning tendencies from her, so she was happy to oblige.

I got to Chicago at about 3 p.m. and made it to my home at 3:30 p.m. with a house full of family and close family friends. Then at 6 p.m. family cleared out and friends piled in.

I lived in a one bedroom loft. City-size. Maybe 700 sq ft and that's being generous. I invited 100 people. Here's the thing. I didn't know how to edit the list. Everyone on the list was important to me in one way or another and it would have been nice to see all of them before I left. There was seriously not one person I invited like damn, I really wish I didn't tell him/her to come to my house.

So as fate would have it, only about 40 of my friends showed up (I think, I didn 't really count heads and yes, I do count heads at parties, don't judge me). Thanks to it being a Sunday night and people having business it really worked out well. At some point I was like I cannot move in this place, get your own food and drink: please and thanks.

The late crew cleared out at 12 a.m. and I convinced the movers to come on Tuesday, so I could sleep in in my own bed in Chicago for the last time. The rest of my week was great as well. More on that soon.

No comments: