Monday, November 5, 2012

Lunches, Brunches and Dinners

I start my new gig today. Say a prayer for me today (and always)!!!

So my last couple of weeks before I moved were amazing. There were four weeks between the time I got the job offer til the time I started. The company was amazing about letting me take my time getting to Pittsburgh.

I gave my official two weeks of work, then took two more weeks do go to find a new place, sub-lease my old place, go to a professional conference, have a housewarming/going away party and say my goodbyes to everyone who wanted one-on-one time.

This has been the most spontaneous week of my life. I've basically just let the days plan themselves. So when people asked if I was available for dinner, surprisingly, I was. What an amazing opportunity to strengthen relationships before I left.

People keep asking me if I'm nervous or excited. These couple of weeks have allowed that to wear off. I'm more or less just ready. I've had the proper time to pick up and move and the resources I need to do so. I've had time to pray and reflect and time to be quiet.

The last time I started a new job, I didn't take a break in between. God willing, I will always take a break in between when starting a new job. This was refreshing. I feel amazing and ready to take on the road. I can't wait to share all of my ups, downs and funnies with you all.

The year of never before still has two months to go! Who KNOWS what God has in store!

No comments: