Monday, November 19, 2012

Feed Me Seymour!!!

Here are the top 10 restaurants that I want to try in Pittsburgh. If you visit, remind me to take you to one of these.

10. Piccolo Forno - Good Italian food (or so I heard) in Lawrenceville (what I believe is a neighborhood in Pittsburgh, but it may be it's own city).
9. Lidia's - More italian
8. Kaya - Island cuisine in the Strip District
7. Meat and Potatoes - Located in the cultural district, I think this place gets a lot of people pre- and post-shows. I've tried twice to go there without a reservation. No dice. If I remember to update this post after I eat there, I'll let you know how it is.
6. Primanti's - This is the place where you get cole slaw and fries on your sandwich. (I think). I haven't been yet, but I'm told that I have to do it at least once.
5. DeLuca's - the menu is as big as your head. LOL! I think it's overpriced for a diner, but we're probably paying for the nostalgia... and the portions. Good goodness there's a lot of food.
4. Pamela's - Traditional Pittsburgh diner. I think people compare this to DeLuca's a lot.
3. Sonoma - This California-themed eatery has
2. Eleven - I went here for brunch and it was amazing. It reminded me of Sweets and Savories in Chicago. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and the food options were great. They brought out a bread basket with honey butter and apple jam and I ordered the beignets which came with a delightful apple syrup and the veggie omelet. I've never had such fresh mushrooms in muh life. I can't wait to have dinner here!
1. Savoy - Black owned and I think it's soul food. They definitely have a brunch. I'll let you know after I visit.

No comments: