Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sandbar

A long time ago, I went to Philly for work and we came upon this non-assuming little restaurant that and it was open and we were hungry.

My two coworkers and I soon found out that no fish in the restaurant was more than 48 hours from sea. Now this meant that at the end of the night a lot of the stuff that we wanted wasn't on the menu, but it also meant that what we ended up eating was off the charts.

I don't really remember what I was doing in Philly for work or who I was even with (yeah, I travel that much). But I came across the business card for this restaurant while I was cleaning to move into my new apartment and I promised I'd share it with my blog readers.

Best part is that I asked for key lime pie and I'm expecting some pre-made pie to come out. Or perhaps they got the pie from somewhere else and it was frozen and they cut me a piece. Um... no. They mixed the pie filling right in front of my face and when I tell you it was the best key lime pie I have ever tasted... in Philly. They snapped.

The sad part about this post is that when I Googled the restaurant to give you the address it gave me some place in New Hope, PA (that ain't it) and like a lot of restaurants, I'm assuming it went out of business.

If you live in Philly or go to Philly and see it, let me know. If not, I wish I could have done their PR for them. I hate to see a perfectly good key lime pie recipe go to waste.

No comments: