Thursday, October 18, 2012

Answering Opportunity

My Pastor has deemed this the year of never before and even though I already had a new job and just moved to a new apartment and moved to the south side for the first time there was STILL more "never before" for me.

So yep, I'm leaving my new job for a better job opportunity and it's in Pittsburgh of all places. It was not on my top 5 places that I would live in the United States, but the opportunity is so strong and the offer was so solid, I just couldn't refuse.

I cried a lot because I'm going to miss Chicago and everyone in it. Ultimately, I had to take a courageous step to do something different and I'm hoping it will open up a new world of opportunity and featlessness for me.

I'm going to be working in the PR department of an ad agency. You all know I'm not one for giving my longitude and latitude on social media, but trust me, it's a great move.

I'm asking for your prayers and well wishes. Even though I'll be in a different zip code, I imagine that I will still be home for all of the ethings (Holidays, Super Bowl, Virgo Bash, etc.)

And most people don't even see me but once a year, but feel good about knowing that they COULD see me if they wanted to see me. To that I say... imagine that I moved to Naperville and THAT'S why you can't see me AS often. Feel better? Great.

I imagine that I'm going to be too busy to blog every single day over the next couple of weeks, but brace yourself for Pittsburgh stories. A new environment means new content. Who's ready?

3 comments:

South Loop Social Light said...

My ex's best friend lives in Pittsburgh and I enjoyed some fun times in the city. They're always hosting different events (comedy shows, etc) so I may end up out there from time to time. If so, we'll definitely link up. There's also a great ski resort about an hour outside of Pittsburgh. I had a ball there.

Congrats on the new opportunities coming your way! It's always exciting to see people around you growing by leaps and bounds!

Miss Ti said...

Congratulations on your new adventure! I'll be praying for you.

chichi said...

Congratulations and all the best!!