Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Chicago Sushi Roundup

This has been in my drafts so long that one of these places isn't even open anymore. Ah well, here goes:

Tsunami (dead and gone) - They kicked off their opening with free sushi and champagne and my girl did the PR for it. This is literally the place that made me decide to stop partying on weekdays. Thursdays maybe, but Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday nope. Sad they went out of business.

Japonais - The oft forgotten cute and trendy spot on the river. We've done bday parties, client and celeb dinners and just drinks before the club here. I can't really remember what the sushi tastes like.

Ra - All the cool kids go here. The sushi is yummy, but not the best in the Chi.

Rise - This is a great first date spot on the northside. LOVE it!

Sushi Taiyo - I love this place. Great atmosphere, great location. Great for a girls' night out. They also have an event space upstairs that I've had professional and personal events at. They're awesome to work with. Go here often.

New Toyko - Another north side gem: best sushi in the Chi. Period (or so I've heard. LOL!) I lived so close to it for years, but never went in. The lines were long.

See my note about South Coast Sushi here.

Did I miss any?

1 comment:

South Loop Social Light said...

I skimmed your list and was about to scrunch my face since I didn't see South Coast on there lol... then I looked a little further. I think Lincoln Park has a few all-you-can-eat sushi spots that are pretty cool. I can't pass up all you can eat for $20.