Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Can You Hear Me Now...

Nope, not yet.

The hospital my Dr. referred me to wouldn't answer the phone, so I just went to Northwestern. They answer the phone and I know how to get there. #WinWin

I FINALLY got a hearing test and I have been diagnosed with permanent sensorineural high frequency hearing loss in my right ear and some minimal hearing loss in my left ear.

The common causes are:

- Ear Trauma, explosions, etc (not my issue)
- Age (not my issue)
- Heredity (could be, not sure) What does that mean

I had to take that diagnosis to my Doctor, who then gave me a referral to an ear, nose and throat doctor. Now I could have just gone to the ENT without a referral because my insurance is not a hater, but that's frowned upon in medical establishments. 

This brings me to the topic at hand. I sat in my primary physician's office from 3:50 p.m. to about 5:45 p.m. when I actually saw her, she wrote a referral, spending maybe 5 minutes with me, most of which were her typing exactly what I was saying onto her laptop.

Um... the last time I went to the dentist I was there for about two hours too. My doctors' offices are like the new hair salons. WHY does it take so long? Do they double book? Are people REALLY sick every time I just have routine check up? Is it just me? Maybe it is.

On the bright side, with my new iPhone and my young Mophie charger, I was able to fully catch up on my blog reading. I haven't had four straight hours of free time (hour to get there, 2 hours in the office, hour to get home) in a long time.

Thanks Doc. I guess.

I will also send you all an update after I see the otologist. Hopefully, I won't have to have surgery (if that's even an option). Pray for healing!

No comments: