Wednesday, August 8, 2012

YAY ME!

I hosted my first big group of people at my new place recently. Hooray! So I always say I would like to host, but truthfully, I've never hosted in my own home. I've co-hosted at other places, I've hosted at my mom's house, but in my own space... so much to learn.

Here are some recent lessons:

- Turn the fridge down. I got home to half frozen food... no bueno. At least I know no one will get food poisoning.

- I need more stuff - The planning/cooking would have been easier if I had a few key things: serving platters, a carafe or two, more serving spoons, more portable seating

- I gotta learn how to grill (or get someone over here who knows how). I think it would have been a more fun summer party

- I need to brush up on my wine pairing knowledge. I know VERY basic stuff, but I wasn't sure what went with a summer recipe (see below)

- Fresh Veggies
- Deviled Eggs
- Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches
- Tri-color pasta salad with pepperjack cheese and asian peanut sauce (I'm pretty proud of this one)
- Banana pudding
- Red & White Wine

I can't think of what quick and easy things to make next next. Perhaps a pot luck...

What tips do you have for hosting a big group?

No comments: