Wednesday, August 22, 2012

More Winning...

At losing.

I guess I'm all about doing stuff that I've been putting off. I think I Tweeted about this, but I guess I didn't put it on the blog. I'm putting it up here as a reminder to myself that even thought I don't do it often, when I procrastinate, I really go hard. I mean my ability to put something off is phenomenal.

May 12, 2008 - Send a note about my luggage being broken and asking if Kenneth Cole can fix it
May 13, 2008 - Get a note that it is under warranty, they will fix it for free, but I have to pay for shipping and handling.
May 14, 2008 - June 27, 2012 - Do nothing
June 28, 2012 - Take my luggage to Sam's Shoe Repair (they do luggage too)
June 29, 2012 - now - Wait.

Apparently it's a special order part and they still don't have it. It's going to cost me $55 and I already dropped $30 on the down payment.

This week's lesson is when you have something to do, do it now. (Next week's lesson is going to be: you don't have to do everythng right away).

I think the overall lesson is balance. Maybe it all doesn't have to be done this weekend, but perhaps waiting four years is just a tad long. Maybe one weekend a month can be dedicated to getting things done. Perhaps.

Again, is anyone winning at losing at procrastination besides me? Is it just me?

No comments: