Friday, August 24, 2012

Laptop Repair Update

So I call HP back from home. Someone from India answered, clearly. He proceeds to scold me about not shipping the computer when it was under warranty (yes, yes I know. I'm silly and irresponsible. Let's move on.)

It's going to cost $300 to fix it and then it'll be under a 3 month warranty. Ok, great.

But wait. I bought it in 2009. Laptops have to be much cheaper by now. Perhaps he can get me a deal on a new one. He can. I can get a new laptop, new operating system, more memory than my current one... $600 or so.

Hmm... should I pay the $300 to save money by fixing what I have or pay the $600 for a brand new machine. I am all about that new new this year (it seems).

I asked Twitter, and a couple of my IT homies 1. We diagnosed that my hard drive is defective and I need a new battery 2. 1 of my Twitter homies said he would fix it.

He took a look and confirmed the Twitter diagnosis and sent me links to buy the stuff on Amazon. It'll be about $100, hopefully I'll get free shipping. Then I'll buy him some chicken and beer and I saved $250-450. I still lost $100, but alls well that ends well.

The best thing is that one day soon, I will be able to take my laptop outside of the house without it crashing. Oh, what a day that will be. LOL!

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

keith brown said...

Well written. Struggle for electronic devices are normal.because how is it possible to know what kind of service it gonna give. If anybody needs help to get rid of laptop or computer related problems then visit Laptop Repair.