Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I Win!

My procrastination struggle beats your procrastination struggle. Let me explain.

May 2009 - I bought a new computer.
November 2009 - My absentminded behind left it in an airport in New Jersey, but it was returned.
December 2010 - If this machine is closed or turned off, it takes a full hour to reboot. It's a #realissue
January 2010 - I can't figure out what's wrong with it. HP sends me a box to ship it to them, but I have to back up all my files on a hard drive.
February 2010 - August 2012 - I don't know how to do that and I can't find any money in my budget for a $80 hard drive, so I do nothing.
August 2012 - I backup my files to an external hard drive and into the cloud.
Today - I call HP and my machine is likely no longer under warranty AND since I'm called on my lunch break at work, I don't have the serial number AND I have to call them back when I get home AND I know someone from the Phillipines is going to answer AND the call is going to drop because my cell phone doesn't get good reception in my house AND I'm probably going to cry.

The point is, I should have coughed up the $80 bucks in 2009. Now I don't have $80 AND I also don't have a functioning computer.

If you have a procrastination struggle that's deeper than that, please share.

1 comment:

South Loop Social Light said...

While I don't have a procrastination struggle that tops this, I can appreciate your ability to share this intense struggle :) Admitting you have a problem is the first step!! lol...