Friday, August 3, 2012

I got an iPhone!!!!

So as you may know, I have real serious electronic issues. My laptop hasn't worked correctly since I left it in the airport and up until a few days ago I still had a blackberry (does that even require an explanation).

I made an executive decision that my life would be better with an iPhone... I NEED an iPhone. But Verizon said if I get an iPhone, I'll lose all of my voicemails. I'm sentimental and I have some voicemails I want to keep forever and ever.

So here's what I did (and the reason I've hesitated so long)

1st Try
- Download Blackberry desktop (a 2008 program) Really, RIM, REALLY?
- Go to bed (it took all night to download)
- Find voicemail in the .amr format
- Copy the folder to my desktop
- Realize that won't work

2nd Try
- Download visual voicemail
- Accept the $2.99/mth charge (you'd think this would be the same step, but it's not)
- Set-up e-mail on your blackberry (surprisingly I've never done this)
- Forward your visual voicemail to your e-mail address
- Download Real Player to play said file (Quicktime wasn't on that with me)
-  Go to bed (it took all night to download too)
- Wake up and e-mail all voicemails to myself
- Download said voicemails
- PLAY THEM ON REAL PLAYER
- JUMP FOR JOY

It should never be this hard, but it almost always is.

So... who has iPhone tips?


1 comment:

KJ said...

I cant wait to join the club. I am anxiously awaiting the release of the iPhone 5 in September. Woo hoo! I am so excited to set T-Mobile free.