Friday, August 17, 2012

CKI: TONIGHT: New Life Boat Cruise

Tonight, join New Life Oakwood "Power of One" ministry for our annual all white singles boat cruise. They have three levels: old school, house music and "urban". I'm going to be on the urban floor and I hope they don't play anything ratchet the way they did when I wen to Fellowship's single's minstry's "after" party to the comedy show.

But if you've ever been to 1 p.m. service at my church, you already know this is going to be a good Christian mess. You have to come experience it for yourself, because my Pastor has preached against us speaking badly about God's people. I'm not about to get struck down trying to illustrate a mess. You just have to come and see for yourself.

Food will be served on the boat, but no alcohol and no smoking.

Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to it. I missed it last year because I was doing a wedding the next day. Tonight should be big fun.

Go here to buy tickets. See some of you all tonight!

In the words of @PastorHannah "Married, separated... need not apply."

2 comments:

South Loop Social Light said...

Aren't you dating someone semi-seriously lol? I've never been one to go to church related singles events, but I'd think you would only go if you were truly single and available.

T said...

That's the thing about these events, no one ever meets anyone for real. It's just about getting together with like-minded folks to have a good time (or that's what the Pastor said anyway). I've only been to one other singles event and it was like a 1:3 male, female ratio, so I'm just looking forward to having fun.