Friday, May 11, 2012

New Apartment

I also say that I'm not picky. Everyone who knows me know that's a lie. It's not a bold-faced lie. When I say it, I really mean it, but it couldn't possibly be true.

I'm going apartment shopping this weekend and not a moment too soon since I want to move as close to possible to June 1. O_O

Here's what I want.

- One WHOLE bedroom
- In-unit washer/dryer

Here are the neighborhoods I'm considering
- Lakeview
- Old Town
- Gold Coast
- River North
- River West
- West Loop
- South Looop

Everything else is negotiable. In my head, I mean that. (Because I just assume that an apartment with an in-unit washer/dryer should not show signs of ratchetness. But my assumptions have been off before).

I'll let you all know what I find this weekend. Say a prayer that my eyes are not bigger than my wallet and that sales and clearances abound.

Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Be honest. You got a new job to align with this increased spending, didn't you? LOL

May the force be with you!

T said...

LOL @ the increased spending. I actually made the decision to move in January after I paid my credit cards off. Studio living was to meet a goal and I met it. The new job and more money is just a bonus.

I'll still be living below my means, which is NICE!!!

South Loop Social Light said...

Good luck with your apartment search! I found my little gem in the South Loop and moved in a few weeks ago. So freaking happy to be back in the city and reduce my commute.