Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dirty Little Secret

I have a dirty little secret... who's ready: I really don't care if there are dishes in the sink if I can get a good night's sleep. And on that same note, I see no value whatsoever in making up my bed everyday. And to take it a step further my clothes have a place, wherever I am when I take them off, that's where they belong.

Oh yes, your girl is messy. I'll leave open boxes of Cheese its all over the damn house. I rarely if ever screw the cap to both of my contacts, just one... There's no rhyme or reason, but mostly, I just don't get a lot of excitement out of having a pristine domicile if it makes my body ache.

I work hard, I clean light... on weekdays anyway. Now, Saturday mornings, yeah, I get it in.

I live alone. No big deal right? Well...

These damn apartment agents keep trying to show my place. I hadn't gotten a call in about three days so I thought it was rented. Then the calls started again. I don't know what that's about. Since I'm in the middle of my own apartment search I SHOULD empathize the apartment shoppers. I don't.

Listen, no one needs to SEE the mess that is my life, but me. When guests come over I clean. The first 3 or 4 times a new dude stops by, I clean. I'm not about to keep an immaculate house for some strangers. I can't go fam.

I have two suitcases packed right now and I can't remember if I took the trash out. I changed my outfit this morning and I don't quite remember where I put the separates that didn't make it. LOL! And folks want to know if they can show my place. Man, hell naw.

The catch 22 is that most people can't see themselves living in a junky place, so even if they show my place no one's going to rent it. I don't too much care, but I would like for people to quit calling asking for tee-osha, driving my blood pressure sky high, trying to get a peek into the tornado that is my apartment.

When you were looking for a home or apartment have you ever walked in and been "ugh, this dude/chic is a mess. I'm not living here?" I know it's not just me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes. Although it shouldn't matter, it REALLY helps when a place is neat because you can see how the space is utilized. Lucky for me, my apartment was empty when I viewed it--even better!