Monday, April 30, 2012

New Everything

So my Pastor dubbed 2012 the year of never before and boy was he right. I start a new job today. After 7.5 years with the best PR agency in the world, I'm moving to the client side. I'd like to maintain some level of anonymity on the blog, so I'm not going to disclose where I work, but the opportunity presents more opportunity and different challenges and I couldn't be more excited to see what it's like to set strategy and manage a PR agency vs. being a PR agency managing a client's priorities.

Leaving my job after so long was bittersweet. I thought it'd be easier, but there's a reason I've been there so long. It's a phenomenal place to work, with phenomenal resources and awesome perks. So, knowing what you know about me, how much bigger do you think this new opportunity is? IT'S HUGE!

I wouldn't leave greatness for mediocrity. But just like Blogger.com up and changing it's formatting to look more like Wordpress when I log in (and pissing me clean off), change, no matter how difficult is healthy and inevitable. Just like I'll get used to this *shakes fist* blasted new backend set up for Blogger.com, I'll get used to not going to my old job everyday.

So, send me congrats. Send prayers up for my new journey. And get ready for a week of hilarious job search and interviewing tales.

4 comments:

chichi said...

Congrats T! Getting ready for the interview tales.

kay* said...

congrats! i was wondering if you got a new job (b/c of a tweet you sent recently...)

at any rate, it must be a fantastic oportunity because it was evident how much you enjoyed your last job. all the best to you and this new chapter!

Miss Ti said...

Congratulations on the new job!

KC said...

Congratulations!