Friday, April 13, 2012

Click The Cause

In the spirit of supporting the homies and their homies, I received this note and wanted to share:

I am thrilled to announce the beta launch of www.clickthecause.org, a 501(c)(3) organization my brother and I started in 2011. After an intense debate about personal responsibility and community involvement, we wanted to create a way for people to experience philanthropy. I personally became frustrated with negative news articles, statistics, and the feeling that there was nothing I could do about it. In particular, I did not know what organizations were in my community and how my dollars could help.

I wanted to find projects that were impactful and particularly meaningful to me, like after school tennis programs or college readiness mentoring. That is when we created ClickTheCause. I am proud to share with you www.clickthecause.org, an organization that will initially serve to promote community building in the Chicago and Detroit areas.

Find out exactly how ClickTheCause will work, SIGN UP, and stay updated on our progress at www.clickthecause.org. Please share this message with your friends and colleagues; any retweet, forwarded email, conversation is SO APPRECIATED. ClickTheCause operates on this very concept, community participation.

Not only does ClickTheCause serve the community but it is a platform for wonderful nonprofits to raise funds for their important causes.

No comments: