Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Channeling Busboys and Poets


A lot of times I think, I want to go do my reading, writing or praying at a coffee shop. Generally, I think about how long it's going to take me to walk there and decide to just watch TV instead. Since TV is no longer and option, I'm going to try to get to some new coffee shops.

Life would be perfect if there was just a busboys and poets in Chicago (and/or if I lived in D.C.), but it's not so...

Here are some of my faves in my neighborhood:


  • Panera (Clark and Diversey) - I love the atmosphere and they have a lot of comfy chairs, but the more I go here, the more I realize how it's a homeless people hangout. Unfortunately, that's not really a good look.


  • Starbucks (Clark and Deming) - This is the most comfortable Starbucks in the area, but they close at 9 p.m. - like seriously?


  • Argo Tea Cafe (Briar and Broadway) - I love this place, but the seating isn't very comfortable. They're like either come here to work or go home. LOL!


  • Caribou Coffee (Clark and Wellington) - This place wins on atmosphere, clientele, seating. I just love it!
Here are some coffee shops I want to try:


  • Uncommon Ground (Clark and Grace) - This may be the winner here. They have late hours and I've been past here and the atmosphere appears to be phenomenal. I worry that it may be too many people in here, but I'm going to give it a shot.


  • Metropolis (Granville and Sheridan) - If I want to get my morning coffee shop swerve on this is likely the place to go. They close at 8 p.m.


  • Robust (63rd and University) - I'd have to have a good reason to be this far south at a coffee shop, but... here's to trying new things. They also close early, 7 p.m. on the weekends and 8 p.m. on weekdays.


  • Overflow (15th and State) - If I move to this neighborhood, this'll be a good morning coffee spot. It closes on 7 on weekdays and around 5 on the weekends, so not really the best "do work" spot. BUT, this coffee shop is a non-profit... um, I love that concept. Doing good in the hood is always worth my dollars!!!


  • So what are your favorite coffee shops in the Chi? #PutMeOn

    No comments: