Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Goodbye Bar, Goodbye Club

In 2009, it was said in this post: "I like to party [at the club]. It's been said and I'll continue to say it until one day I, magically, don't like to party anymore." That day, my friends, has arrived. A couple of day ago in THIS post I mentioned that I skipped Friday nights at the club and because I didn't have any money AND I didn't really want to go.

It has officially happened. I'm over the bar and club scene. Over.It. I can't get over hangovers fast enough, my feet hurt for three days after the fact, besides my friends, there's really no one at the club I want to see or meet and I'm so over the pretentious nature of standing in line or being held outside while very pretty people can go in (Thanks JBar).

So I'm not saying you'll never see me at another bar or club again, I'm just saying your birthday isn't always going to be a relevant enough reason to make me go. Like 8.5 out of 10 times, iaintgonebeabletodoit. If you really want to celebrate with me and your birthday party's at the club, I'll just take you to brunch later. If I get the itch to club again, I'll go. But if not, don't sweat me about not seeing me out.

Side note: Why are people who don't even know how to pronounce or spell my first name ALWAYS so concerned with why they haven't seen me at the club/on the scene. You haven't seen me because we're not friends. *Staples button* That was easy.

More on this tomorrow...

1 comment:

KJ said...

OMG! I was just thinking the same thing. I dont get it. I hate standing up and in line. I am so over that. I think I too have officially outgrown the club especially in the winter.