Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Varying Workouts

New reader [I think] Carly asked what I meant by varying workouts. And since I don't have anything else to talk about, I'm going to use a whole blog post to answer her question.

Hey Carly! Thanks for reading. The long answer is...

I don't have a gym membership right now, so I basically find workouts to do online and sometimes work out at the gym in my office building. Since it's not the same class every day, my workouts vary. I've been unnecessarily hungry... like famished all thee time.

My friends on Twitter told me that it's because I'm exercising more, which is true. Then my bff noted that all of the magazines say that when you vary your exercise routine, you burn more calories, which is also true.

For example ShapeFit.com says this:

Vary your exercise routine. When you use the same muscle groups repeatedly doing the same exercise, the body adjusts and burns fewer calories. So, surprise the body and engage in different activities and utilize different muscle groups. Your body will reward you with a better metabolic rate.

I hope this explains it.

1 comment:

Carly Burnham said...

Ah! That makes sense. Check out crossfit.com, if you want something particularly challenging. :)