Friday, December 2, 2011

Talk is Cheap...

Well, I should say... I always talk about being cheap. LOL! Not really, but I was talking to a friend/co-worker who's like a little sister to me. She's never been to our holiday party and was asking about attire. She goes are you buying something. And I reply "I'd like to... *looks to the sky*... actually, nope, I'm not buying anything. It's not in my budget."

So she sort of chuckles and was like I've heard about your budget a few times. I was thinking "oh no. Am I THAT girl. Am I always talking about my budget, how stuff costs too much, how iaintgonebeabletodoit."

She then went on to say she learned a lot from me talking about my budget (how many promotions and raises have I gotten and I still choose to live in a studio? Like a gazillion).

Anywho, I know I talk about money and budgeting a lot on the blog, but I guess it finds itself in my day-to-day conversation as well.

If you know me in real life, have I hit you with the "nah, that's not in my budget"? Is that my signature?

Also, I love that the recession makes it OK for me talk about a budget. If I was grown in the 80s, my "budget" would be a #realissue

No comments: