Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It costs what?

Next spring I'm headed out of the country for vacation and it dawned on me that my passport is expiring in 2012. I have a couple of days off, so I was thinking let me be on top of things and run and get that handled this year and I'll have it back in 4-6 (sometimes 8) weeks. Man... it costs $110 for the renewal and $25 to process.

With Christmas, New Year's Eve and just general kickin' on deck, I don't have an extra $135 in December. I don't know what I was thinking. It'll be a last-minute passport, per usual.

Has the price off something caught you off guard recently? I know it's not just me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Clawdhammucy! I was about to say: "What happened to the $85?!" but that was back when I was a minor lol. Renewal fees for adult passports jumped from $75 to $110!! Mine expires in 2015 and I can't wait because I absolutely hate the picture. I'm wondering if I should get another one now cuz hell, by the time mine expires it'll be $200!

According to the site, you only pay $135 if it's your first passport.