My gig moved to our new offices and it doesn't seem like such a big deal until your routine is knocked off its square. Here are 10 things you want to find out BEFORE you move offices (or at least on your 1st day).
10. Where is the closest Dunkin' Donuts or Starbucks (whatever you fancy) - There are no DDs, by my new gig. I also found out that the cafe in the hotel near the gig "brews Starbucks coffee", but is not a Starbucks. My search for coffee and breakfast continues.
9. How will this change your commute. One of my coworkers took a cab on the first day. She was like "I don't that bus route that well". This was hilariously funny to me. I'm actually closer to the new gig, same bus route, which makes me happy.
8. How to use the elevators in your new building. Apparently friendly people are hard to come by. So when I pressed our floor about 10 times and it wouldn't stay lit, no one told me that I needed my key card to access the floor. Womp.
7. Shortcuts into the building. It doesn't seem like a lot, but one entrance is a block away from another. In the Chitown cold, rain, sleet or snow, I was pleasantly surprised to find out I could go through the back entrance. Shorter steps to warmth. :)
6. Building Amenities - Apparently there's a grocery store in this place, but you have to take the freight elevator to it. Fun and scary at the same time.
More on this tomorrow...