Tuesday, November 22, 2011

About Yesterday's Post

I have so much to say about it. I'll try to keep it to 10 things.

1. I got that from the Fab Giver and shared it with a lot of my girls. Thank goodness it's not just me.

2. Kelly Cutrone's book is If you need to cry, go outside. Not go outside if you need to cry. As a marketer, this kind of word construction is important to me.

3. I think it's irresponsible of the author to suggest that the sole reason there are NOT more women in the C-suite is because we burn out by 30. This neglects women who choose the family route over the career route, women who choose to stay out of the C-suite (for whatever reason) and the elephant in EVERY room - blatant discrimination.

4. I wish Forbes.com would have followed up with an article about what to DO about women burning out at or around 30. It's good to know that I have company, but *big Pun voice* I'M TRYNA LIVE.

What did you all think about yesterday's article? Or my commentary on it?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is exactly why my Plan B (which really turned out to be Plan A) was to work for the government.

Don't get all the freebies, kewliez titles & fab salaries but I work 8 hours a day (and get some type of compensation if it's more) have an hour lunch that I take everyday, and have a pretty stable gig that allows me to live comfortably.

I think everyone should work for the government. :D

One3snapshot! said...

I don't work for the government but I'm pretty much like Unknown. I'm an engineer by profession and I intentionally chose a mid-paced job and I just try to stay below the radar as much as I can and I have a pretty good work/life balance (that was very important when I was job searching).

A few times I have wondered if I should be more of an achiever than I am when I hear the goals and dreams of some of my peers but I'm happy I'm not after reading that article.