Friday, September 23, 2011

What to wear: To meet his parents

Friends, Romans, Countrymen: These are hypothetical what to wear situations. I'm tucking your responses away in my date chest to help me get dressed in the [could be very near or could be very far away] future. I MAY or MAY NOT actually be doing half the stuff I'm asking about outfits for. Don't go getting all excited and jinxing my good time (not that I'm dating someone right now and having a really good time... whatever).

Now, back to the question of the day... his parents are in town and/or I'm going with him out of town to meet the 'rents and I have no idea what we're doing/where we're going. (Or maybe his parents live here... I'm giving y'all way too much in this damn blog post.)

So... what do I wear? Go ahead and throw a weekend of fits in there. Is anyone else having as much fun dressing me as I am thinking about the possibilities?

Watch these posts have me in the mall. Womp.

2 comments:

Well Heeled Blog said...

Depending on the weather... for a nice dinner with the parents, you can never go wrong with a little black dress (not too little!). Brighten it up with some chunky jewelry and maybe and a bangle. Kitten heels, tights if it's cold. For something more casual, perhaps a family brunch, try a summer dress with a cardigan to cover up a bit. Pretty embellished thong sandals or wedges. No flip-flops. If you are going to do something active (at the family farm in the country?), I'd go with a nice v-neck (turtleneck if it's cold), skinny jeans in a very dark rinse, and equestrian boots. Add a fitted blazer in case it gets chilly.

Well Heeled Blog said...

Hmmm.. reading my comment it appears that I am really concerned about being cold. LOL. Which... I guess I am!