Wednesday, September 28, 2011

To the Jungle Fever Beat

Pardon the vernacular *clears throat* Ahem...

I'm gone be an auntie*
I'm gone be an auntie
I'm gone be an auntie
ONE MORE TIME!!!

Everybody sing...

*Dear white friends reading this. None of my siblings are actually pregnant, neither are my brothers' girlfriends expecting. In the black community children do not call their friends' parents by their first names as a sign of respect. However, I'm not about to have my homies' kids calling me Ms. [insert my last name].

Therefore when you are close to someone and they have a child, you become an unofficial aunt to that child - also called a play aunt. Therefore I have nieces and nephews all across the country that have no blood relation to my mama. Get it? Got it. Good!

Now... sing it with me now.

I'm gone be an auntie!
I'm gone be an auntie!
I'm gone be an auntie!
ONE MORE TIME!!!!

No comments: