Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Do You UPromise?

I signed up for UPromise eons ago and seriously forget about it until it drops money on my student loans.

How it works:
  • You give YouPromise all of your credit cards numbers (scary, I know)
  • You buy stuff and they give you credit for it (it seriously takes like a year to get $25 credit)
  • When your credit gets to a certain amount of money ($25), then they pay it directly to your student loan
I like it because it's free money and yes, they're tracking my payments and likely selling my shopping patterns to companies that send me catalogs in the mail, but everyone tracks shopping patterns. You don't think that Jewel preferred card is because they want to be nice to you, do you? Unless you walk everywhere and only deal in cash, everything you do is tracked somewhere. Might as well get paid for it.

Do you use UPromise?

No comments: