Monday, September 26, 2011

Deals & Steals

Are you signed up for Groupon, Living Social, YouSwoop any of the 50-75% off deals. I'm seriously thinking about unsubscribing. It puts desire in my heart to buy things I wasn't thinking about buying.

For some people, like a couple friend of mine, it's a good way to have cheap date night, but for me it just upsets me when I want a deal, but don't have any cash to buy it.

And honestly, the mani/pedi/wax/massage deals aren't all that. I'd rather pay the big bucks at a salon I know and trust than to test services on new places. I'd say 75% of the time, I'm not pleased with the service when I buy a "deal". That's a problem.

What I may do is set aside $50 to $100 a month for deals and steals, then just go to the web site to see what it is, rather than have it enticing me in my inbox every day.

So what's your philosophy on it? How do you Groupon?

1 comment:

nerdgirlms said...

I'm signed up for Groupon and Living Social, but honestly the deals they have for this area pretty much suck. The only thing I've ever bought was two movie tickets for $9. They can miss me with tanning bed specials, discounts at BBQ restaurants and body contouring! I only stay signed up because hope springs eternal and I don't want to miss out of the good deals I'm positive are coming my way! Or not...