Thursday, August 25, 2011

Yes, Lord Yes.

I'm actually not talking about Willie from Day 26 going to the gym today (though that does require a shout to the almighty. That bwoy got abs.)

There are songs that I sang in church my entire life. And I understand what they're saying, but sometimes you go through something that makes the song that much more pertinent. Or as you grow the words just hit you a different way.

I don't have the time to elaborate the way I would like to, but this song was on my mind this morning and I mean it as a prayer to God more now than I ever have before. It's meaning is more real to me than it's ever been before. It's just a Baptist (I think) church song, but I'm FEELING it and wanted to share.

I say yes, Lord yes, to your will and to your way.
I say yes, Lord yes, I will trust you and obey.
When your SPIRIT speaks to me, with my whole heart I'll agree
and my answer will be YES, LORD YES!!!

Happy Thursday y'all!

No comments: