Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rules of the Road

Ok, I'm on Linked In. I'm getting the hang of it, but in general, I have no idea what I'm doing on there. I'm such a private person, now everyone in the world knows where I work and what I do. Thank GOODNESS I don't have to write what year I graduated college on that thing. I hate people knowing my age. Folks are so judgmental based on factors (like age) that mean nothing about nothing.

  1. Anywho is Linked In like Facebook where you add everybody and their mama that you know?

  2. Is it like Twitter where you add people you don't know because they're cool?

  3. I see people using Tweetdeck to update their "LinkedIn" statuses. Please tell me that that's frowned upon in this establishment. LinkedIn is not Twitter. I don't want to know what you had for lunch on there
  4. I just found out that LinkedIn automatically links your Twitter account if you include a Twitter account. I had to go to the settings to turn that off. These are two different media, it makes NO sense to link them.
  5. What do people DO on Linked In. I mean when I get done building my network, I'm not about to be stalking people's lives on there. I guess I could set up lunches and brunches with people who's work ethic I respect, but I don't have time for lunches and brunches with friends, family and current coworkers. How am I going to get my network of 1000+ on the calendar. *scratches head*

Anywho, what other tips do you have for me using Linked In. There has to be something to it. SO many people are on it.

1 comment:

South Loop Social Light said...

I only view LinkedIn as a professional networking tool to keep in touch with professional contacts, many of whom I'd never want to see my blog, tweets, or facebook page. CFOs, Managers, Execs... all of your business contacts that don't need to know how much you drank last night or the ratchcet song that just on the radio that's your jam lol.