Wednesday, August 31, 2011

But... WHY?

I have an extra super duper serious question and it's going to sound sort of simple and sort of nagging, but it's bothering the $%#a3 out of me.

Why don't people do what they say they're going to do?

Like what kind of upbringing did you have where you can just say one thing and do something else. And I'm talking about everything from being on time, to saying you'll finish something at work before you go on vacation, but glazing over it to getting a divorce when you said you'd be with someone the rest of your life.

At what point are the words that come out of one's mouth, no longer important.

I just live my life in such a way that I am a woman of my word. I'm extremely punctual, dependable, honest and organized because if I say I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it. Why/How did others not get that memo.

I swear it seems like I'm the only person in the world who cares that what comes out of my mouth matches what I actually do.

I'm not angry, I'm just literally confused. Like I don't understand how others operate in a different way. Can someone help me. And you can't talk about other people til' you're blue in the face, but I'd love to know why YOU aren't punctual, or how YOU leave work at work undone or the tipping point that made YOUR vow to God in marriage invalid.

Not a judging thing, just trying to get understanding.

No comments: