Thursday, July 7, 2011

Q2 2011: Automatic Savings Lessons

When I first started putting money into my ING Direct Savings automatically, it was for several reasons.


1. I didn't have the discipline to save it myself

2. I probably didn't make enough money to pay bills AND party, so I put the money in there quick before I partied with it.

3. ING locks up your money for at least 5 days, so I'd have to think long and hard about the fact that I was taking the money out.



Howsoever...



1. I'm more disciplined today than when I started this process. (The end is also near and I see the CC-debt-free light at the end of my tunnel.)

2. I got plenny monay!

3. Having the money that I'm going to use to pay off a credit card locked up for 5 days just pisses me off now.



So in May, I cancelled my automatic payments. Now on pay day when I pay bills I also make it thundersnow on credit cards and that's the best feeling ever.



Stayed tuned. If I can continue to say no to these trips, I'll have big news for you all in Q3. I WILL be credit-card-debt free in 2011. I need one person (just one) to agree to that with me in the name of Jesus, Amen!