Saturday, July 30, 2011

It's Closing Time...

Maybe.

I'm thinking about quitting the blog. I have literally run out of things to say. And more than that I have run out of time to find to make up things to say.

Perhaps it's just this rough stretch of insanely busy months I've been having, but the blog has gone form a place to get excited and have discourse to another thing on my perpetually long to-do list.

For other bloggers out there that work at 9-5. How/when do you find the time to blog? Any suggestions for me before I hang it up?

2 comments:

South Loop Social Light said...

I think it depends on what you use your blog for. Is it an outlet for you to express the random things you come across on a daily basis? Are you trying to share your knowledge about a particular topic with your readers? Is it a blog about nothing at all a la Seinfeld lol... It just depends.

If writing is an outlet for you and your blog is something you enjoy doing, maybe give yourself a bit of a break to focus on work and spend your free time enjoying life. In the process you'll acquire more blog fodder and give yourself a much needed break.

I've always found writer's block or blogger's block to be a sign that you need a break...

nerdgirlms said...

I usually blog from work. I know,I know...

Something will strike me, and I'll formulate a post in my mind and type it up real quick at work the next morning.

I've noticed that lately I haven't had much to blog about - I guess life is on a pretty even keel. I considered shutting down, but I really enjoy the readers/comments so I've decided to just blog when I want to - no internal pressure - and leave it at that.

I hope you don't quit altogether, I really enjoy reading about your adventures!