Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!!!

I hope you're out bbq-ing with friends and fam and actually catch up on my blog Tuesday, when you're back to work.

I'm not talking about political independence today. I think it's quite appropriate that Money Monday falls on the 4th of July. Especially because I'm in bondage to this damn debt (but not for long though, not for long).

I could have also titled this "the Great Fall-off", because that's exactly what I did in April. I found it especially hard to make sacrifices this month. Let's hope I do better in May.

Sacrifices this month:
1) Old school R&B Concert. Despite my other financial shortcomings below, I had to draw the line somewhere. LAWD, I love some Dru Hill and friends, but I had to decline.

Unexpected expenditures:
a) Paid cash a mother-daughter trip to Vegas in July (I didn't use CC or dip into my savings for this expense, but it was the straw that broke the camel's back to make me dip into my savings and/or use my CC for the rest).
b) Went to an Obama fundraiser
c) Spending cash/shopping for Jamaica

Credit Score Update: There's no way it could have gone up because I didn't pay anything down this month, so I didn't even check it.

No comments: