Monday, June 20, 2011

Nothing Really Matters

Sometimes putting complete trust in God lends itself to Don't-give-a-damn-ness. Couple that with absentmindedness and layer on heavy travel and I have a tendency to lose my cell phone. Here are the top 10 reasons why losing my cell phone doesn't really matter.

10. You won't believe this, but pay phones still exist and it's free to call 9-1-1
9. Everyone else has a cell phone if I REALLY need to make a call
8. People have been living without cell phones for hundreds of years, I can get by in like a day (or so)
7. No one talks on the phone anymore any damn way
6. I have insurance on my phone
5. The insurance folks are 24-7 and the turnaround is 1-day to get a new phone
4. I can afford the deductible and the monthly insurance fee (small prices to pay for peace of mind)
3. I have wireless internet at home (keeping me connected to Twitter and Facebook)
2. I have a landline in my office
1. All 500+ of the numbers in my cell phone are backed up online

Have you ever lost your cell phone? Did you freak out completely? Is my nonchalance disturbing to you? Please share your most memorable lost or stolen cell phone moments in the comments.

1 comment:

South Loop Social Light said...

After a fun night of partying I left my cell phone and camera in the back of a cab. I didn't realize until I woke up the next morning, and was too hungover to even remember the name of the cab I was in. Losing the cell phone was an inconvenience, but my blackberry was locked so it wasn't of much use to anyone. I reported it lost and got a replacement sent the next day. I was more devastated about losing my camera and all the footage I had on it. Felt like someone had invaded my personal space though I was the one that carelessly lost it. I'm always sure to upload my pics right away and keep an eye on my belongs at all times.