Monday, May 23, 2011

Tea Day!!!

I'm back from D's shower in OKC. It was fab, btw, thanks for asking. As you can see my last four post have been about how busy I am. It just occurred to me that I haven't taken a Tea Day all year. That's a day that I block out for myself to do nothing. To wake up, eat, turn on the TV and just be. I CAN do productive stuff on Tea Day, but I don't have to and that's why it's so great. I should plan one of these every month, but that's a bit unrealistic. I'll make it my goal to plan one a quarter. Here's a list of things I WON'T be doing on Tea Day.

  • Working
  • Cleaning
  • Laundry
  • Working out (unless I want to)
  • Volunteering
  • Wedding Stuff
  • Baby Shower Stuff
  • Writing blogs (unless I want to)
  • Working on my budget
  • Looking for a condo (online or otherwise)
  • Brunching
  • Lunching
  • Dinnering
  • Helping People Find Jobs
  • Mentoring
  • Networking
  • Dating (this is a bold-faced lie. If he wants to go out on Tea Day, that's fine with me.)
The only thing I am definitely doing on Tea Day, (which I just decided is now Tea Weekend because I need a break) is going to church. God never takes a break on me. I can't take a break on him.

Do you ever take a personal weekend day? Is it helpful for you?

1 comment:

b.goody said...

YES! I take these "mental health days" once per marking period if I need to. And I don't feel pressure to do anything. Sometimes I don't even tell people, because I don't want them finding something for me to do. On B Day :) - it's all about eating chips and dip and drinking wine in my jammies at 10am.
Hope yours was good!