Wednesday, May 25, 2011

RSVPing and such

This message is for you. Yes, you, reading this. WHY DON'T YOU RSVP? Yes, I'm screaming. Have you ever planned anything? Do you know how horrible it is to not know how many people are coming?

Do you know how horrible it is to plan for fewer people than those who show up?

Do you know how horrible it is to plan for MORE people than those who show up? Have you ever seen money wash down a drain?

Why do you RSVP to say yes and then not show up. I know good and well your parents didn't raise you like that. Don't you know people plan for you when you say you're coming. How rude can you possibly be?

Do you respect your friends? You must... they have your home address.

When someone sends you an invite: baby shower, wedding, bar mitzvah, graduation, bachelorette party, bridal shower, happy hour, to take a walk in a damn park, anything... PLEASE RSVP.

As soon as you get the invite in the mail, check your calender, ink it in and call to say you'll be there or immediately call to say you're not coming. But don't have people waiting on your RSVP. I don't want to have to repeat myself.

(And don't blame it on black people either. I have recently found out that it's an across the board problem).


2 comments:

South Loop Social Light said...

I've had this rant before... Last year I planned a baby shower for my girlfriend and it was a pain in the ass trying to track people down to RSVP. I'm just a bit of a Type A control freak, so I managed to treat the rsvp situation like a Nazi lol... but everyone responded (or was tracked down) and things went off great!

I still don't understand why it's so difficult for people to commit to an event or politely decline...

Kismet said...

Laugh Out Loud. Because this is so true and so sad...and so RECENT!

*sigh