Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Day in the Life

5:00 Wake up, pray
6:00 a.m. shower, finish packing
7:00 a.m. shut down computer, head out of the door
7:04 receive a call saying my flight is cancelled. I'm rebooked on a 1:30
7:05 Call the airline to confirm
7:20 Call a friend who's in OKC to ask her to take my bff decoration shopping since I wouldn't arrive until
8:00 Veg out at Panera
9:30 a.m. - Call my bff, deliver the bad news
10:30 a.m. - Head to the airport
11:37 a.m. - get to the airport WAY too early
11:57 - through security, post up at an outlet
12:15 p.m. - start an interesting gchat conversation
1:35 p.m. - flight was supposed to leave
2 p.m. - Flight boarded
2:30 p.m. - have to turn my phone off, end interesting conversation
3 p.m. - learn we're not leaving, turn my phone back on and complain
3:30 p.m. - actually leave
5:25 p.m. - arrive at Dallas Fort Worth
5:26 p.m. - Go to Pappadeaux... Max.
6:26 p.m. - Head to board my plane, it's delayed until 8:05 p.m.
7:20 p.m. - It's delayed until 9 p.m.
8:12 p.m. - Start writing this blog posts and realize my friends who left Chicago at 5 p.m. will arrive in OKC before I do. Hope they wait for me at the airport.
8:13 p.m. - Pout
8:30 p.m. - Shut down my computer. The plane is boarding. The plane is boarding.
8:45 p.m. - Try to figure out why the flight attendants are walking back and forth, but not preparing for takeoff
9 p.m. - Laid my head on a tray table
9:02 p.m. - Someone got a flight status notification on his phone that said the plane was "boarding" at 10 p.m.
9:15 p.m. - Captain said the flight crew was over hours and we had to wait for the next flight crew to get there
9:45 p.m. - The next flight crew was in the airport, but not at our gate, so we had to wait for them to 1) de-board the plane they came in on and 2) take the shuttle to our gate
10:15 p.m. - The new flight crew is still not there
10:30 p.m. - The new flight crew arrives. The plane erupts in applause
11 p.m. - The plane takes off
11:05 p.m. - the captain announces that flying time is 32 minutes O_O
Midnight - Get to the airport. My friends who left Chicago at 5 p.m. got there 30 minutes before I did.
12:15 p.m. - Still waiting on the baby's stroller which somehow got packed on my plane, not my friend's plane
12:30 - Headed to the hotel
1 a.m. - Arrived at the hotel
2 a.m. - Went to sleep.

*Erykah Badu voice* What a day, what a day.

No comments: