Monday, April 11, 2011

Q1 2011 Update: February

Sacrifices this month:

1. *in between sobs* I.didn't.go.to.AllStar.weekend. That hurt, especially because I had free lodging, but I look forward to the year I'll be able to go without the trip cannibalizing my efforts to be financially healthy.

I think it's important to note that saying no to a trip that I really want to go on is a major shift in habit change for me. In 2010 if I had the money in the bank, I went on the trip, period. In 2008 and 2009, if I had the money available on a credit card, I went, period. In 2007, if I didn't have the money in the bank or available on a credit card, I opened a new credit card (By far my lowest money moment). HOW CRAZY IS THAT!?!?

In year's past I felt like the good times I'd have would outweigh the expenses I'd incur. And I can't say that I completely disagree with that now. However, sacrificing this 2011 good time to pay for 2000-2010 good times will be worth it when I have zero balances AND money in the bank in 2012. I think. I hope. I digress...

2. I skipped a couple of political fundraisers too. I just donated online. It would have been nice to network, but I didn't feel like getting cute, buying drinks and paying for the cab home.

3. I skipped going to my 3rd restaurant week dinner. (Yes, I budgeted two restaurant week dinners. I actually went to a free movie screening the same night as the third dinner and got a 2 for 1 deal on Chipotle, so this really wasn't a tough sacrifice, but it's on the list).

Unexpected Expenditures: I didn't have any of these this month. I'm loving this year's budget!

Credit Card Update: I paid off credit card 4 of 6 this month!!! I cried. They were happy, grateful [and completely unexpected] tears. In case you hadn't noticed by me talking about it all the damn time, debt has been such a burden. I feel like my load just lightened. 4 down, 2 to go. Who's proud of me?

Credit Score Update: Wouldn't you know, it's exactly the same. Credit is easy to mess up and very hard to improve. I can't complain either way, I'm blessed.


1 comment:

antithesis said...

congrats! as of this upcoming paycheck, my 1 CC will be paid off again. it was paid off last month but u know...the car.
i know how good it feels to pay off one, u've done 4. that's awesome!