Thursday, March 17, 2011

There's a Scrip for that

So remember last year when I disclosed that I was self-indulgent in this post? At this month's New Life Covenant Singles Ministry Meeting we discussed "Getting Your House In Order." This topic which was originally scheduled for January, is actually right on target for Spring Cleaning.

We heard testimonies on:

Health & Fitness
Education/Career
Time Management
Reaching Your Dreams
Financial Wellness

One scripture that really stuck with me is Proverbs 21:17. In the KJV it says: He that loveth pleasure shall be a poor man. He that loveth wine and oil shall not be rich.

This is the scripture I need to help remind me how important it is to make sacrifices. I can't do everything because it's fun. I can't buy everything because it's cute. And while I absolutely need to take care of myself, sometimes that's going to mean Netflix, Magazines and a nap and not an indulgent massage.

I feel like when I'm debt free, I can indulge, but right now I cannot make a habit of loving indulgent things if I want to increase my net worth.

Easier said than done, but that's the scripture. That's what I'm going to hang my hat on. I hope you're praying for me!


1 comment:

One3snapshot! said...

I just said no to a vacation in Puerto Rico, it was pretty painful but I had to.