Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Read Through The Bible Update

So I didn't quite make it through the Bible last year. I'm in the New Testament on December 18, 2010 and reading a day's worth about twice a week now. Jesus has died and risen and ascended back into heaven and it's just a lot of letters from the disciples to each others or to new churches that have sprang up. It's not nearly as exciting as the Old Testament and the letters are all very similar.

The good thing about Bible reading is that it's like working out. You never really are done. So I'm going to finish out the New Testament. Then I'm going to go back and read the three or four chapters I missed in early 2010.

I will feel good when I can say I've successfully read the entire Bible.

What's your Bible reading routine for 2011?

1 comment:

ThummyB said...

I've not been so good at setting aside a specific time to read the Bible each day/week. I think that I'm going to make a new habit to carve hour an hour each Sunday...AND Lent is an excellent time to start :-)