Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Love You Jesus... the Remix

So, I was at church one week and they started singing my jam... except it wasn't a church jam. It was definitely Dangerously in Love by Beyonce with some of the words like "baby" taken out.

So it got me to thinking, what other secular songs could be sang to Jesus: Here are my top 5 (and 2 from the comments). If you have suggestions, I'll edit to get to a top 10.

7. Love - Musiq Soulchild
6. Everything to me - Monica
5. Dangerously in Love - Beyonce
4. Flaws and All - Beyonce
3. He Loves Me (actually Jill said in an interview that when she first wrote this song it was about God, then she changed it to be about romantic love on the album)
2. For Real - Amel Larrieux
1. Everything - Mary J. Blige

3 comments:

antithesis said...

everything to me- monica

always struck me as something about jesus.

GorgeousPuddin said...

I liked the way Love by Music was redone by Trinity 5:7 I would have liked to have heard D in L in church sounds interesting. Karen Clark Shields sings Jill's You Love Me on one of her albums it's nice!

GorgeousPuddin said...

oops I meant K C Sheard