Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hebrews 11

Hebrews 11 is SUCH a powerful and beautiful passage of scripture. It gives countless examples of people in the Old Testament who were blessed because of their faith.

Noah, Sara, Rahab (she was a hoe), Abraham, David, Moses and even Abel.

Hebrews 11:4 (KJV) - By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

What this means to me is that Abel's faith spoke, even through his death. That's crazy faith. It makes me think I need to trust God even if I know it could result in my death. My faith needs to be that strong. This scripture encouraged me SO much that no matter WHAT God has my back. It also is a great summary of all the books I read in the Old Testament. It feels good to actually understand in detail the stories that this passage references.

I encourage anyone who's going through something to take a moment to read this scripture. I hope it strengthens you the way it's blessed me.

1 comment:

Miss Tiara said...

I love how that chapter makes it all so plain and ties everything together from Adam to Jesus. Thanks for sharing!